SUQQU Pure Color Blush Swatch Set Including the AW17 Limited Edition 103 Amacha & 104 Beniazuki
I hadn't done one of these swatch sets in a while. This is where I go ahead and swatch all of what I own in a particular category in a makeup academic sense (but in reality, crazy consumer owning stuff sense). Today, I trot out my Pure Color Blush from SUQQU. I'm actually a big fan of the old Balancing dual pan ones. Usuzakura is my among my favorites despite the very sheer pigmentation. I've actually hit pan on this one.
The more recent Pure Color Blushes are much more strongly pigmented. I've posted about a few already: 05 Yawakouki, 102 Tsuyakagerou, 06 Harusumire and 07 Tsuyasatsuki (all pr samples). They are softer in texture and less silky fine as the Balancing blushes. They yield a lot of easy color payoff with the first brush stroke. Needless to say, I've amassed a few more.
I rounded them all up so that I can swatch them all in one place. Look how helpful I am, labeling so nicely for everyone. I feel like I would get along well with a Brother P-Touch. It's bothering me that I have two more un-depotted blushes, but only room enough for one more in the palette. This XL Z Palette is not making magic happen for me. >:(
Here are swatches of blushes 01-07 and 102 on my tanned arm (I'd say ~MAC NC25 depth). I swatched the blended shade and not the gradient sections, because my arm isn't gorilla long.
Majority are satin finishes, while some are quite shimmery and others matte. Most are very pigmented and others less so. Some are soft in texture and others more firmly pressed. Now that I have all of these, there's definite differences in formula from shade to shade.
- 01 Tsubomizaki - is a warm pinky coral. The orange side of the pan definitely brings a coral tone to this shade. It has strong pigmentation and a soft texture. Satin finish.
- 02 Hanachaori - lightly pigmented warm nude shade. Satin finish and very pretty texture. The color itself isn't very unique but gives a nice soft look to my cheeks. I do think on deeper skin tones, the color wouldn't show very well.
- 03 Sumiasayake - bright raspberry pink. This is nicely pigmented and very brightening shade. With a light touch, it has a very pretty effect.
- 04 Urushibi - muted brown red. This is a little muddy on my skin. It adds a sculpting effect and doesn't compete with dramatic eyes or bright statement lips.
- 05 Yawakouki (pr sample) - not a blush, but more a highlighter in a warm pinky champagne shade. Lots of fine shimmer. It can be a nice blush topper or highlighter.
- 06 Harusumire (pr sample) - cool pale pink. This one has a harder pressed texture compared to the others. Also much lighter in pigmentation. Super fine shimmer, but matte effect on the skin.
- 07 Tsuyasatsuki (pr sample) - This and 06 might be my favorites. Also same hard pressed pan like 06. Clear warm pink with good pigmentation.
- 102 Tsuyakagerou (pr sample) - limited edition from Summer 17. Warm orange with lots of golden shimmer. Soft formula.
103 Amacha and 104 Beniazuki (AW 2017 Limited Edition Pure Color Blush)
The new limited edition blushes from AW17 are really so pretty. I was pretty psyched when both eventually came back into stock on Selfridges.com. And since I have selfridges+ shipping which allows free shipping for an annual fee, I went ahead and placed multiple orders until I got everything I wanted.
103 Amacha is a beautiful warm pearly peach. The middle champagne and the right pale peach has a healthy dose of shimmer in it giving the blended shade a beautiful sheen. I myself am not a huge fan of shimmery blush as they tend to emphasize the pores a bit, but applied high up on the cheek bones gives a healthy glow.
104 Beniazuki was mentioned and swatched in my earlier post, but here it is again. This has great pigmentation. I used my Chikuhodo Z4 and gave myself serious clown cheek :O) . A light hand is very recommended.
I love this blue toned pink!
I hope this post was a good one if you are trying to decide among these new blushes! Anything looking good to you?
This post features several items provided without charge for my consideration. Please check out my full disclosure policy here!